By Jacob Mathias
The Heartland Bike Club is offering group adult bicycle rides around the Stevens Point Area that are open to the public and accessible for all riding levels.
The weekly rides are open to the public and membership is not required. The rides offer a good reason to get off the couch, meet people and enjoy the countryside.
Rides typically last from 1 1/2 to 2 hours and for those concerned about not being able to keep up, do not drop rides set a pace comfortable for the slowest rider and no riders will be left behind by the group.
Weekly biking schedule:
|Monday:|| 5:30 PM: Meet at the city parking lot on the corner of Crosby & Water St.
– Moderate paced, sport/precision training session and ride. NDP*
|Tuesday:||5:30 PM: Meet at Goerke Field House in the east parking lot
– Fast-paced, race training including surges and sprints. Rider must be self supporting.
|Wednesday:||5:30 PM: Meet at the city parking lot on the corner of Crosby & Water St.
– Easy to Moderate mixed couples/singles recreational/social ride. NDP*
|Thursday:||5:30 PM: Meet at Herrschners at 2800 Hoover Ave.
– Spirited to fast-paced, organized social ride. NDP*
* NDP means “No Drop Policy” where riders will not be left behind by the group.
Paces (mph): Easy = 13-15; Moderate: 15-18mph; Spirited = 18-21; Fast = 20-23+
A helmet is required for all riders.
More information can be found at the Heartland Bike Club website or call Jack Friess at (715) 340-3132 or John Gardner at (715) 344-5718.