The Stevens Point City Times is currently hiring multiple freelance news reporters to join our family. The City Times is a hybrid publication, with daily digital and weekly print content focusing on hyper-local hard news and community reporting.
The right candidate lives in the Stevens Point area and is filled with passion, hustle and the desire to write stories that make a real difference in our community. We seek reporters for local sports, hard news and features.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- At least two years of writing experience. Familiarity with AP Style preferred, but will train.
- A good camera with excellent photography and videography skills.
- Snappy, smart writing paired with a passion storytelling and a dedication to accuracy.
- Flexibility. Be willing to jump from the city hall to a foreclosure protest to the riverfront to wherever else you’re needed.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, people skills, and a good sense of humor are a must.
This position includes evening and weekend hours. A successful candidate must work responsibly with minimal supervision and be able to meet all deadlines.
Interested applicants should electronically submit resume, web links for previously published stories or video work, and a cover letter describing goals, story ideas and local topics you’re passionate about to firstname.lastname@example.org or via snail mail to “Freelance Position” c/o Editor, Stevens Point City Times, 73 Sunset Blvd., Stevens Point, Wis. 54481.
Submission deadline is Dec. 20, 2015.