Dear Wisconsin Senators and Representatives,
Enough is enough!
No one needs assault rifles. No one needs a plethora of bullets. Everyone who buys any kind of a gun needs a background check and waiting period.
The citizenry has had it with all of these shootings. I have been pleading for months, in different ways (letters, emails, posts and phone calls) to have more strict gun laws. As far as I am concerned, there are NO excuses. NOT ONE!
I will not vote for anyone who does not vote for more strict gun laws.
I will not vote for anyone who does not vote to ban assault rifles and large magazines!
1. Ban all assault rifles and large magazines. PERIOD.
2. Gunlocks must be sold with all guns. It would be nice if they could somehow be part of the gun and not removed; just be able to lock and unlock w/secure code.
3. Background checks of everyone purchasing one or more guns along with a 2-week cooling off period. Had this been the case in this morning’s shooter’s case, he would not have gotten the guns!
4. Keeps a database of those buying multiple purchases of rounds of bullets.
5. Make those with concealed carry permits carry extra premium insurance. (I think it is risky for me and my family to be in a group of people carrying concealed weapons. How do I know who that might be?)
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Barbara West Kiser