City Times Staff
Stevens Point firefighters were called to the 800 block of Main St. on Wednesday for what turned out to be a false alarm.
According to Capt. J.B. Moody, the caller reported seeing smoke from a dryer in one of the apartments above the Call It New, Call It Antique store on the afternoon of July 12.
“We had a report of smoke, and that sets off a red flag so we went in there to investigate, but it turns out what they saw was more of a steam/dryer vent issue,” Moody said.
The building was evacuated for a short period of time as a precaution, he added.
Crews were on the scene for about 30 minutes.